Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Little things

Heyo, haven't had much to say lately, but I haven't forgotten you. Life has been mostly quiet here, which is not necessarily a bad thing. There have been some little things here and there, mostly some little improvements to lifestyle that will hopefully add up to something later.

I had a couple of weeks where I kind of got off the exercise and good eating train, and I'm happy to say I'm getting back where I should be. With the notable exception of a brunch at Gord's Saturday, I've been eating pretty well overall. I've also been exercising with increasing regularity again. I went for a 14km walk with Steve last week, and we went for another 10km yesterday. I'm also bowling twice a week, and doing some weights, yoga and cardio at home. I'm starting to feel a bit better and more energetic again, which is always a good thing.

The other little thing is that Alan and I are trying to change our sleeping schedule to make our days more productive. We don't sleep in particularly late, but later than we probably should. Alan suggested on the weekend that we take advantage of the time change, since our bodies will already think it's later than it is, so for the last two days we've gotten up at 6am, and our goal is to do it all week and see how we feel. So far it's actually going pretty well. I definitely have an issue with it being pitch black outside when I wake up, but that's always an issue I have in the winter.

It's actually been pretty nice in that I'm getting up that early...I'm definitely feeling more productive. I've had plenty of time to exercise and get breakfast, and still be ready to go to the office by the same time I would have been scrambling to get there before. We'll see how the rest of the week goes.

In other news, I finally count at my Tuesday night bowling alley. Since I came into it after the season already started, I had to spend 3 weeks as a spare to get my average established. This is the league where they were told that my average would be 94, and I had to prove a point. Well, after three weeks, my average is 101, so point proven. I actually got asked tonight by someone in the league if I found that the pins fall easier at my other bowling alley. I said that my average there is actually lower than this one (100 on the Sunday league), so that's not really an argument for it being easier to bowl there.

But yeah, that's all the news that is news. I promise I'll post if there's anything interesting to say, but my life is pretty boring at the moment.

No comments: