Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Home again

Greetings! Sorry for the lack of post yesterday, but I got home from Montreal early in the morning, and spent the day relaxing, getting unpacked, and spending some time with Alan since I hadn't seen him for 4 days. I also had to beg for my cat's forgiveness for leaving them. They seem to have gotten over it now.

Today I was back in the office getting caught up. One of my deals is getting a little messy, but we're having a meeting Thursday to sort it out, so everything should work out, though I suspect the closing date will be changing. Worse things have happened!

The exciting news was I picked up my motorcycle helmet today. I was a little worried about it getting in in time for the course starting, but my worries were, as usual, unfounded. It is very nice and shiny, I am pleased with it even if it isn't the girly one I tried to get. My cats seemed slightly alarmed by me wearing the helmet. This is not surprising though, as the cats still get alarmed when I'm wearing shoes, and I've been doing that since we got them. 3 more days til the motorcycle course starts! I am so excited.

I also picked up Alan's birthday present today (I don't think he reads this, but I'm not posting what I got him just in case). While I was in Montreal I missed both his and dad's birthdays, so I'm taking them out for lunch on Friday to make up for it.

Today was also the first day of getting my self back in order after the vacation. I did some weights and yoga today like a good girl, and I intend to do some cardio tomorrow. I find I do really well with exercise early in the week, but taper off as we get close to the weekend. This is an area in which I need to improve. I also need to get my eating in order. I started that today by cleaning out the fridge...that was more frightening than I had expected it to be. Tomorrow I get some proper groceries and work from there. I should figure out some good recipes to make over the next few days.

I guess that's all the news for now, I need to start finding some interesting stuff to post about. That will be part of tomorrow's projects too!

No comments: