Friday, April 22, 2005

So far so good!

So I had my phone interview yesterday. I think it went really well. I felt really comfortable talking to them (two guys on a conference call), and they seemed really pleased with the skills I already have. They said the job is aimed towards students just out of school, so my lack of practical experience doesn't bother them. They were really happy to find out that I know ArcView 3.3 and Visual Basic too. For all the trouble that VB was to learn, I'm glad that it seems to be paying off now. At the end of the interview, they told me I should hear within a week whether or not they wanted to do an in-person interview with me, and I thanked them.

My phone rang at 9:10 this morning. It was the company, asking if I wanted to come in for the in-person interview. So much for having to wait a week to hear, hehe. Of course I said yes. I have to figure out how I'm getting to Vermont of course, but right now the tentative plan is that my interview will be May 4th at 10am. That's the Wednesday of the week after classes are done, when I'm supposed to be staying with my uncle in Kingston. I think what I'm going to do is rent a car, drive up Tuesday, stay the night (they said they'd pay for the hotel), do the interview Wednesday, and head back to Kingston that day or Thursday.

So that's my big news! I'm really happy about this, I was so pleased after the interview yesterday because I could tell that it had gone really well. To get the phone call this morning just made me feel even better. They wanted me to come in next week, but I can't do that because of school, so I'm glad they were ok with waiting another week. I really hope this works out :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Way to go Chickie! They love ya!!!!