Friday, February 04, 2005

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

It really is. Lovely weather out today, you could almost believe that spring isn't that far away. However, I live in Canada, and I know that's impossible. Spring comes in April, if we're lucky. Ah well, today is still beautiful, and that's a good thing.

I am very happy today. My boy is on his way to see me. He should be here in roughly four hours. Yay :) I have to say, if a long distance relationship is good for no other reason, it sure makes the time you do get to have together special. I haven't seen him since he brought me back from Christmas to start class again...January 10, not that I'm counting :P Ah well, he'll be here soon.

Of course, this means I have to get my room cleaned up. I don't mind that however. Being in a good mood makes cleaning fun. I'm not generally a neat freak, and I'm pretty lazy, but if I get in a good mood with some upbeat music, I'll dance around and sing and clean, and it doesn't bother me a bit. It's pretty fun really, and with the dancing around, it can be a pretty good cardio workout.

I hope the border guards don't give him a hard time today. They once made him pull over and have the car completely searched because he was bringing me a bookcase. Apparently the fact that he was leaving it here made it completely suspicious. It was a $20 pressed-wood bookcase from Walmart. The back of it is cardboard, for goodness sake. But they apparently thought he was trying to smuggle drugs or something in it, and searched it and his car. They also made him pay duty on it, which is ridiculous considering you get like $50 duty free or something. They basically told him to ignore that fact, and pay the $2.50. What can you do? It's the border guards. You do what they say, or you don't get in.

Ah well, even if they do search his car, he'll still be here in a couple hours. The sun is shining, it's nice and warm. Life is good. Time to put on some music and clean.

No comments: