Friday, February 25, 2005

Finally

So midterms are done, spring break is here (though it hardly feels like spring). I have to work tomorrow, but my boyfriend is coming up from NY to get me, and we're going back to his place on Sunday. I will be gone for a week, and I will be happy to say goodbye to residence for a while. I will be even happier to have a week with the boy. Such extended periods of being together are rare, and I love it when they happen.

His car is a standard, which I can't drive (yes, I know, how gimp of me). He's driving his parents Jeep up here though, because it's automatic. He hasn't been feeling well, and this will mean I can drive for a while if he's tired or not feeling well. I'm a bit nervous about this. I have my license, but I've never owned a car, or had regular access to one. I don't drive very often at all, and do highway driving even less. I love to drive though, so I'm excited. I just don't have the comfort level of someone who drives frequently.

We will also be stopping in Kingston on the way to NY to visit a friend of mine from back home. He's in Kingston for school. I haven't seen him since Christmas, so that will be fun. We're just meeting for lunch, but it will be good to see him, and good to have a break in the drive. It's about 6 hours from here to my boy's place, and Kingston is roughly in the middle (though it's closer to here).

I am so happy about being on break. Not that I don't have work to do over the break, but at least I'll be somewhere other than residence or the computer lab. Res is driving me mad lately. There's too many stupid people here, the kind that shouldn't be allowed to breed. I'm usually a pretty tolerant person, and a pretty happy one, but the people in res have been causing me to be in a constant bad mood when I'm here. I'm not pleased about that at all, and getting away for a week will be wonderful, and much needed.

I'll probably still get in a post or two over the break, but I will be away. So, for the few people who read this, have a great week, and I promise I'll be back and posting when I can :)

1 comment:

money tree bonsai said...

Hi Erin, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on how to make a bonsai tree when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for how to make a bonsai tree. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about how to make a bonsai tree at the site above.