Friday, January 28, 2005

Yay it's Friday!

Happy Friday everyone. I'm not sure why I like Friday so much, because sure, class is done, but I have to go to my job tomorrow, and I'll end up in the lab doing assignments Sunday, if not tomorrow night as well. Ah well, I like it anyways. Probably because I can do whatever I want tonight. 4 out of my 5 roomates will be gone, everyone else in residence will be drunk or stoned, so I can have my music blasting for once (I generally don't out of consideration of my roomates, but I love having my music loud so I can sing and not notice how bad I sound). Blasting my music is a rare treat, and I intend to take advantage of it.

The weather finally warmed a little here. For the last two weeks, most days have been at least -20 celcius. Today is a balmy -9. I miss Halifax. Sure, we get really cold days too, and right now they've got about 60cm of snow, but snow I can deal with. Temperatures of -20 and lower are the devil.

It would help if it would at least be warm inside, but they don't seem to allow heat in residence. We have this thing that has a temperature gauge and blows air around, but no matter what temperature you set it to, the temperature of the air it blows around never changes. I feel very strongly that if I'm inside, fully dressed, with a sweater, that I should not be shivering. That has been the case way too many days in the last two weeks. I guess they figure that if they aren't going to charge us for electricity, they aren't going to let us crank the heat. /sigh

I can't wait for spring.

No comments: